Hailing from the Snowy Mountains of NSW, Montgomery Church are a Folk/Americana inspired duo fast becoming known for their captivating stage presence and ability to move audiences with their powerful harmonies, skillful acoustic instrumentation on dobro and acoustic guitar, well-crafted original songs and undeniable chemistry, influenced by greats such as Gillian Welch, Dave Rawlings, Tim O’Brien, and Patty Griffin.
Their first full length album was independently released on 25th May 2018 and earned Cielle and James two nominations in the prestigious 2019 Toyota Golden Guitar Awards for Bluegrass Recording of the Year & Country Instrumental of the Year!
- “James Church is arguably Australia’s best Dobro maestro…” – Glen Hannah (for Country Update Magazine 2018)
- “Cielle Montgomery and James Church make a rare kind of hill country magic: spinning gossamer tapestries with timeless acoustic sounds, quicksilver vocal harmonies, and the kind of unassuming storytelling that burrows deep into the subconscious. With their glorious debut LP . . . Few albums of recent memory plumb such depths of feeling with such exquisite ease.” - Gareth Hipwell
- At this stage no support is booked . . . but maybe
- In the case of no support, Montgomery Church will do 2 sets
Food & Drink:
- There will be tasty homemade snacks, tea, coffee and cake available for purchase
- Feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks, incl. alcohol