Great news! Support will be Golden Guitar finalists, Charlie & Jensen
Hailing from the Snowy Mountains of NSW, Montgomery Church are a Folk/Americana inspired duo fast becoming known for their captivating stage presence and ability to move audiences with their powerful harmonies, skillful acoustic instrumentation on dobro and acoustic guitar, well-crafted original songs and undeniable chemistry, influenced by greats such as Gillian Welch, Dave Rawlings, Tim O’Brien, and Patty Griffin.
Their first full length album was independently released on 25th May 2018 and earned Cielle and James two nominations in the prestigious 2019 Toyota Golden Guitar Awards for Bluegrass Recording of the Year & Country Instrumental of the Year!
- “James Church is arguably Australia’s best Dobro maestro…” – Glen Hannah (for Country Update Magazine 2018)
- “Cielle Montgomery and James Church make a rare kind of hill country magic: spinning gossamer tapestries with timeless acoustic sounds, quicksilver vocal harmonies, and the kind of unassuming storytelling that burrows deep into the subconscious. With their glorious debut LP . . . Few albums of recent memory plumb such depths of feeling with such exquisite ease.” - Gareth Hipwell
Charlie & Jensen is a musical conversation between acoustic artists Hunter Beasley and Luke Wright. They journey through genres, shifting from vocally
charged original songs, to virtuosic instrumental tunes, taking a stripped-back, raw approach to music and performance.
Having toured Australia many times, including with Italian and World Music sensation Unavantaluna, they have pleased crowds at some of the country’s favourite Folk & Bluegrass Festivals, including The National Folk Festival and Tamworth and their musical chemistry is evident in their self-titled album, which saw them at the Golden Guitar awards with two award nominations in 2021.
- Montgomery Church https://www.montgomerychurch.com.au
- Charlie & Jensen https://www.facebook.com/charlieandjensen/
Food & Drink:
- There will be tasty homemade snacks, tea, coffee and cake available for purchase
- Feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks, incl. alcohol