When COVID came along, we had to move concerts outside onto the grass to comply with social distancing and venue audience size limits. Fortuitously it turned out that outdoor shows are preferred by the audience and enable us to host larger numbers of people in greater comfort, so they are preferred IF the weather is right and numbers justify the set up effort.
However weather conditions can provide a challenge, so here are the plans for dealing with that when audience numbers exceed the designated inside limit of ~ 115 (a figure that will change over time).
* * In all cases, keep an eye on the ticketing page and our Facebook site for updates. * *
The simple scenario is where we have less than 115 people coming, so the show moves inside at the original time.
It is possible (but unlikely) we will have more guests than can fit into the hall for 2 shows.
- In that case to comply with COVID limits on audience numbers, tickets will be assigned to each session in the order in which they were booked.
- I.e. the earlier you book, the more likely you’ll be on the list for an inside show at the original time
Example: 2 shows, limit 115 per show.
- The first 115 will get tickets to the inside show at the original time.
- The second 115 get tickets to the second inside show at the shifted time from the original show e.g. 7PM instead of 4PM
- The people who booked after 230 will go onto the waiting list in case there are any cancellations. If they don’t get a ticket they’ll get a refund
Plan A – OK-ish Weather
- Weather is OK-ish for the audience, but not good enough to set up the band outside (have to protect the equipment and performers)
- In this scenario, the band sets up on the hall verandah and the audience stays outside.
- This is what we did for the Goodfellas in Sep 2020
Plan B – Iffy Weather
- E.g. where the forecast says rain, but offers hope that it might pass us by, or only be light and tolerable
- We’ll hold off until the last practical time, typically the morning of the show before deciding on the plan
- This is what we did for The Swamp Stompers in Oct 2020, who ended up playing on the grass despite a dodgy forecast the day before
Plan C – Bad Weather
When the forecast is for bad/wet weather, the decision to go to the wet weather plan per below will be made:
- 3 days before the concert if the weather is bad and forecast to stay bad (e.g. on Wednesday for a Saturday concert) and all ticket holders will be advised by email. We’ll also post notices on the ticketing page and Facebook
The concert will be inside the hall in 2 sessions, an afternoon session and an evening session, typically 4PM and 7PM.
- For weekday shows we will hold shows typically starting at 6PM and another at 8:30PM