SON – Susan O’Neill (IRE) Thursday March 21st 2019 7PM
The prodigiously gifted Susan O’Neill’s soulful and husky-voiced performances are truly something to behold.
She uses guitar, harmonica, trumpet and a loop pedal to deliver a timeless and powerful blend of the old and new.
Hailing from from Co. Clare, Ireland, her inspirational fusion of soulful Irish folk and her own acclaimed original material makes for an entertaining and enchanting musical experience on her debut album ‘Found Myself Lost’.
She has been compared to both Adele and Florence and the Machine by Pure M and has picked up many fans including U2’s Bono. She covered U2’s Exit song for Hot Press magazine 30-year celebration of The Joshua Tree.
- “Not only is she a powerhouse vocalist, a talented musician, she also knows how to get it down onto a track when it comes to the studio. ” Hot Press
- “When you think of Anthemic folk-pop, the first name that should come to mind from now on is Susan O’Neill (SON)” PureMzine
- Bono, on hearing her version of the U2 song Exit, emailed her personally “to the dark-eyed Susan … I love the stark rendition of Exit … your fan.” Bono
- There is no support act. SON will do 2 sets, so be on time for the start.
More information at:
Food available at the hall:
- Tasty home made snacks and cakes
Earlybird Discounts: We offer specials for most concerts if you book and pay more than 2 weeks out.
Skip the forms and pay faster with PayPal!