Mànran (SCO) – Friday April 12th 2019 7:30PM
Mànran are one of the best-known and best-loved Scottish bands on the scene today and we’re dead lucky to get them, as they’re in Australia for the National Folk Festival and other major events.
- Everybody who saw Ten Strings And A Goatskin should love these guys – it will be high energy Celtic music with drums, bass and 6 musicians. The hall will be bouncing, so don’t miss this show!
The 2011 launch of their debut single, “Latha Math” heralded a meteoric rise to the top of the Scottish music world that quickly saw them playing many of the most prestigious festivals in Europe and a multi-award-winning debut album followed.
Variously tagged as “folk-rock”, “trad-rock”, “Celtic-rock”, Mànran’s music has an eclectic mix of influences and a unique alchemy that melds them:
- A central ethos built around the band’s traditional Celtic roots
- Fiery tunes from fiddle, accordion, flute, uillean and Highland bagpipes
- Songs in both Gaelic and English
- All bound powerfully to a rhythm section awash with elements of funk, jazz and rock
- This creates some of the most innovative and uplifting instrumental music around
Mànran thrive on live performances and spend most of the year touring and bringing their music to new parts of the World. So far, this has taken the band all over Europe and the USA as well as Australia (where the band was awarded the accolade “International Artist of the Year” at the Australian Celtic Music Awards) and Asia.
- “Gaelic folk superstars”– BBC’s The Quay Sessions
- “Mànran – a hugely entertaining band with some serious points to make!”– fRoots
Support: No support – The band will do 2 sets.
- Tasty home made snacks, plus tea, coffee and cake will be available
Earlybird Discounts: We offer specials for most concerts if you book and pay more than 2 weeks out.
Skip the forms and pay faster with PayPal!