Elephant Sessions 7PM Sat 4th Jan 2020
Elephant Sessions are coming to UL straight from big shows at Woodford and this is one act you don’t want to miss.
To position them among the bands that have played at UL, they are definitely about having a good time. Think of a blend of 10 Strings and a Goatskin with Melisande and Manran, then add a dash of 19 Twenty style rock into the mix.
Hailing from the Highlands of Scotland the band formed in 2012 and are a festival favourite. They are comprised of Euan Smillie (fiddle), Alasdair Taylor (mandolin), Mark Bruce (guitar), Seth Tinsley (bass, synth) and Greg Barry (drums, samples).
Creating a progressive blend of intricate tunes, engulfing guitars, with a bass and drum heavy backline, their music combines the very best of trad, funk and electronica resulting in a new and exciting sound that’s great to listen and dance to.
The band have made live appearances at some of the most notable venues and festivals across the UK, Europe and Australia, including Glastonbury, Byron Bay Bluesfest, Colours of Ostrava and multiple headline sell-outs at Celtic Connections.
- They scooped the coveted BBC MG Alba Album of the Year for ‘All We Have is Now’
- They were shortlisted for the Scottish Album of the Year (SAY) Award
- In 2018, the band also picked up the Live Act of the Year award at the BBC Scots Trad Music Awards and received a nomination for ‘Best Group’ in the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards
- No support – The band will do 2 sets.
- Elephant Sessions https://www.elephantsessions.com/
- There will be tasty homemade snacks, tea, coffee and cake available
Earlybird Discounts: We offer specials for most concerts if you book and pay more than 4 weeks out, or until the designated number of tickets has been sold, whichever comes first.
Skip the forms and pay faster with PayPal!